Sunday, November 16, 2008

November 17, 2008

Dear Second Grade Family,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Elaine Riadi and I have been a substitute in District 66 for seven years. I will be teaching your child the remainder of this school year.

I am a graduate of National-Louis University with a BA in Elementary Education. I am married and I have three children. My oldest is 17 years, a junior in high school; my second child is 11 years old, a sixth grader and my youngest is 9 years old, a fourth grader. We have lived in Darien for 13 years.

I am looking forward to working with you in making the remainder of this year a positive and a rewarding learning experience for your child. I will make every effort to make the transition from Mrs. Olsen to me a smooth one. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at eriadi@ccsd66.org or you can call me at school at 630-783-5200.

Thank you,

Elaine Riadi





In second grade, there are many ways your child can earn a reward through good behavior. In the classroom, I try very hard to remain positive with the children and I try to reinforce good behavior as much as possible. I feel that over time these good behaviors will, hopefully, become habit and the student will eventually not need that reward; however, this will take time considering they are still young and LOVE stickers, bookmarks, pencils, etc!! So, I am asking for your help in collecting some small rewards such as stickers, bookmarks, pencils, erasers, small notebooks, Playdough, small toys (like the ones that come with the McDonald’s happy meals), books, etc. I appreciate anything you can send in.
Thank you so much in helping make this year a successful one!